Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring

SPRING

Spring is finally here,
the change almost complete.
The earth has slowly awakened from
its slumber.
Trees reaching for the deep blue sky
with new sprouts on limbs,
previously bare.
The limbs laden with green leaves,
casting shadows and shade
on the ground beneath
granting cool protection for those
retreating from the glare of the sun.
Birds hide among the
leaves and new limbs,
building nests for
their expected offspring.
The grass looks as though it
has been spray painted
an emerald green
The scraggly shrubs,
which turned to mere
twigs in the gray of winter,
are now bursting with leaves;
bulbs opening into beautiful
fragrant palettes.
I sit and marvel at
this beautiful transformation
and realize that I too have experienced
my own metamorphosis.
My heart and soul were dormant
like the grasses and
the trees in the dead of winter.
Your love has awakened my heart and
it sings like the birds creating
a home for their precious brood.
My soul has taken on the colors
and light of spring.
Beauty and magnificence inhabit corners
where nothing but gray
and black shadows lived.
After a long hibernation from the drab,
cheerless, days of winter
......I have awakened.
And like the fawn,
newly born in spring,
.....on weak and wobbly legs,
I am learning to walk and run,
and explore this world
that is alien to me.
Your love has also given me strength,
a type of strength that
I've never possessed
and a confidence that I've never known.
Though I've made a trip
into the world of love,
this world is different.
This world of absolute,
unconditional, love
contains deeper hues and
more exotic fragrances.
Contrasts are more vivid and
euphoric sensations
surpass anything one could ever imagine.
What frightens me is the uncertainty
of what will happen in this alien world....
when the spring fades to summer
.....and then to fall.....and finally winter?
©Copyright 2000
SLG
All rights reserved. No further use,
reproduction, or distribution in any form,
including print, electronic or otherwise, may bemade without the express permission of the author

No comments: