Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reality Bites

Reality came crashing in on me today.
I needed someone, anyone to help.
My problem wasn't that serious or life altering.
But what if it had been?
To whom would I turn if a real need arose?
I decided to take inventory for future reference.
Alas, when I ran through my lists of family, friends, and loves,
for one close by to help in a time of crisis;
a cold realization slammed into my consciousness.
I have only myself upon which to depend.
Oh I have friends in far away places with families who need them.
Friends with lives of their own, little time for me.And suddenly I was scared! I am all alone.
©Copyright 1999
SLG
All rights reserved. No further use,
reproduction, or distribution in any form,
including print, electronic or otherwise, may bemade without the express permission of the author

No comments: