Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our Goodbye

OUR GOODBYE
Although the words were unspoken,
we both knew we were saying goodbye.
You said it's better to end
our relationship with a loving act
rather than with anger.
You were right; it was better,
but so much more difficult.
Twice I quickly wiped away silent tears
which streaked my face
as we lay entwined and connected,
in the afterglow of love.
Did you sense my soundless tears
and their betrayal of the anguish
……tearing at my heart?
I tried so hard to hide the pain……
the longing……
…….the regret.
I try to take solace in the fact
that we will remain as friends.
That it is fate and timing that is the culprit.
But tell me please,
………was there any pain,
longing or regret in your heart?
©Copyright 2000
SLG
All rights reserved. No further use,
reproduction, or distribution in any form,
including print, electronic or otherwise, may be
made without the express permission of the author

No comments: