Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Vows


Although circumstances prevent you from giving me your vow

That doesn't stop me from giving you mine.

As you ready yourself for the future that fate has in store for you,

my love, these things I vow:

I will cherish every second of every hour,

of every day that we spent together.

I have given you my heart, my soul and my love,

such as I have never given over to anyone before.

I vow that you will always possess these things

For my heart, soul and love are irretrievable.

You will always be able to look into my eyes

and see the eternal love I have for you.

I will never love another as I do you,

I will be there for you for whatever you need

Whether a kind word, encouragement,

sympathy, moral support, or anything…...

………all you need do is ask.

You have told me to move on…………

…..……to find someone worthy.

I had found the one I wanted,

the one I feel is my true mate in life

I want no other.

No one will ever fill that void

which now exists in my life, my heart, and my soul.

The beautiful spring wonders I enjoyed just weeks ago

have faded into a composite sketch of black, grey, and white.

My soul is empty, my heart heavy, and my life meaningless.

All I ever wanted was your happiness,

and to bring joy into your life

So, yes, I will take whatever scrapes of your time

you can give me, as a friend.

But I vow, you will have my eternal love,

Which regardless of our relationship will never change.



©Copyright 2000
SLG
All rights reserved. No further use,
reproduction, or distribution in any form,
including print, electronic or otherwise, may be
made without the express permission of the author

No comments: