Sunday, April 6, 2008

First Love Remembered

Sometimes in the early hours
of morning.
When darkness hides me,
and it is quiet, but for my breathing.
My mind travels back in time.
Back to a carefree woman with a
schoolgirls' blush and the satisfied
look of love.
Happiness surround her,
I was that woman, six years ago,
before you left me.
I felt such love,
Then experienced such pain.
I'd always heard that time heals
all wounds.
Well, the pain's faded now.
But no one told me the
love would remain.
It's not a constant reminder
as it once was.
But in the quiet mornings,
before dawn's first light
when I take out those fragil memories
stored in the deep reserves of my mind,
I see those happy days,
And your face which held
Such bright promises.
And I remember your vows of
Everlasting love, and I realize --
I still love you.

©Copyright 1981
SLG
All rights reserved. No further use,
reproduction, or distribution in any form,
including print, electronic or otherwise, may bemade without the express permission of the author

No comments: