Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Kiss

He turned toward me,
the look in his eyes told me
....he was going to kiss me.
Before his lips ever touched mine,
I knew......I was lost.
Looking into his eyes,
a torrent of emotions assaulted my senses,
emotions that I could not control
or understand.
As his lips brushed mine
I felt this strange energy surge through me,
the kiss deepened .....
and his tongue invaded my mouth.
I felt myself spiraling through a vortex.
"Open your eyes," he whispered
his voice thick with passion,
I looked into his eyes......
he looked into my soul,
reality slammed into my consciousness.
I would need to guard my heart stringently,
.....or it would be forfeited.
Only twice in my lifetime
have I experienced such a
spectrum of emotions and feelings as those
evoked by the mere touch of his lips on mine.
The kiss ended.
He stepped back and gazed into my eyes
And my mind shrieked,
"How can fate be so cruel?"
You see, he is already taken....
someone has a prior claim on his heart, ....the lady that calls herself his wife.
©Copyright 2000
SLG
All rights reserved. No further use,
reproduction, or distribution in any form,
including print, electronic or otherwise, may bemade without the express permission of the author

No comments: